It was twenty years ago that the movie E.T came out, and to honor the anniversary Stephen Speilberg has just re-released this classic with some footage that was not in the original. It should be fascinating to see what was left out, but I think it would have been a great idea if he also updated or even changes what happens in the movie, and how it happens. There can even be different people in the movie this time. Hey this is 2002, isn't it?! So here are some of the many many ideas I've come up. I just waiting for Mr. Speilberg to give me the funding!
1. When E.T. phones home, he uses a cell.
2. E.T. phones home, and gets very upset when
the line is busy and his planet, as advanced as it
is, doesn't have call waiting.
3. This time the mother of the kids is played
by Jennifer Lopez. No particular reason, except
I love looking at Jennifer Lopez!
4. Instead of eating Reese's E.T. eats a power
5. E.T.'s finger gets caught in Elliot's nose
6. The little girl that will play the Drew
Barrymore part will have tattoos all over her
of the Power Puff girls.
7. E.T. is accused of being gay because of that
scene where he's coming out of the closet. He is
then immediately interviewed by Rosie O'Donnell.
8. Upon becoming frustrated over not getting a
response when phoning home, E.T. steals a laptop
and sends e-mail.
9. E.T. actually doesn't phone home, but calls
10. E.T. gets heavily into hip-hop music.